Monday, June 7, 2010

Visions and Meanings


















What does it mean to dream? why do you remember some dreams and what do they mean? or do they even have meanings? In my lifetime any dream that I have ever had that I can remember vividly has meant something. I also know that I can only remember about 5 dreams vividly in my entire life. Last night was vivid dream number 6.

My dream:
I'm in my yard at my parents home. I look up at the top of the hill in my neighborhood where you can see some condo's in the neighborhood above. Right as I look up an explosion happens and the hill at the base of the condo's explodes sending flaming boulders into the air. Only they weren't just bolders. They were coin shaped boulders with flaming swastikas on them. About 3 or 4 of them went shooting into my neighborhood falling through 3 different homes in my neighborhood right across the street from my parents house. I immediately run across the street to the closest home and run to the door to see what I could do or if people were hurt..or something I dunno really why I was going there...anyway, as soon as I got up to the door some burning swastika boulders stacked up in front of the door actually becoming the door which then prevented me from going inside. As soon as they were all stacked up and formed into the door the swastika flames took a new shape and spelled out these words: ALMA 52, 1-40. Then I woke up.

WHAT THE WEIRD!

I never remember anything from the Book of Mormon let alone a random chapter in Alma. I don't even think I have read the book all the way through. However remembering that chapter hit me hard, almost like a burning Hitler boulder was wackin me in the face! so I read the chapter. This was the summary: Ammoron succeeds Amalickiah as king of the Lamanites—Moroni, Teancum, and Lehi lead the Nephites in a victorious war against the Lamanites—The city of Mulek is retaken, and Jacob the Lamanite is slain. About 66—64 B.C. Here's the weird thing, there are EXACTLY 40 versus in ALMA chapter 52. Weird huh? but it doesn't make any sense. what does this chapter have to do with me? or my dream? So, I decided to interpret the dream. 

Dream Interpretation: 

SWASTIKA
-To see the swastika in your dream, symbolizes hatred, evil, cruelty, and destruction. It is commonly associated with the Nazis.

Explosion
-To see explosions in your dream, symbolize your repressed anger. The rage that you have been holding in has come to the surface in a forceful and violent manner. Your unconscious is trying to get your attention. 
-To hear the sound of a loud explosion, but you did not see it, indicates that something is about to be exposed or come into consciousness. 

DOOR
-To dream that the door is closed or locked, signifies opportunities that are denied and not available to you or that you have missed out on. Something or someone is blocking your progress. It also symbolizes the ending of a phase or project. In particular, if you are outside the locked door, then it suggests that you have anti-social tendencies. If you are inside the locked door, then it represents harsh lessons that need to be learned.

Neigborhood
-To dream about your neighborhood, represents a sense of community. You need to develop new friends and new ties. Consider your waking feelings toward your neighbors.

Coins
-To see coins in your dream, indicates missed or overlooked opportunities that come your way. 

Bible (was the closest I got to the B.O.M.)
-To see or read the bible in your dream, symbolizes truth, belief, inspiration and knowledge. You are seeking some form of comfort. The bible may also refer to your fundamental belief system. Perhaps you need to turn to the bible more.
To buy a bible in your dream, suggests that you are trying to justify your actions.

Interesting how your life can be interpreted through dreams right? or explain a chapter in the B.O.M. with metaphoric swastikas. I'm a total weirdie..... 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment