Thursday, June 13, 2013

This is what I do.
 I have this uncontrollable feeling to burrow down like a little gopher, or oversized hobbit, never to emerge or socialize. Perhaps living alone and having a lot of personal free time has turned me towards the dark side. 

Ironic that I work 70+ hour weeks and feel like I have more free time then I have ever had?

I'm okay with that.

I am plagued with insomnia and the uncontrollable desire to take long hot baths. I would rather spend and hour putting makeup on, messing with colors and techniques while chatting with friends back home, then try and sit in some random bar and socialize, or try and make it to the last 20 minutes of FHE.

When I am proud of my work, I will put on some role that this makeup has created and selfie it up.

 Like this:

I am not ashamed. Job well done, self.

Some people Crochet, I paint..myself. I wish I was brave enough to post my failed makeup attempts. Really I take pictures when I have done a good job because its like my 8th attempt at eyeliner and they finally match. I look towards the heavens with a sore twisted neck and blurred vision and shout my victories. Then I think to myself, 

"I better document this shiz."

Then somewhere along the way my mind wanders to some random place, imagining when I would ever wear this makeup in real life, and appropriately my facial expressions interpret my imagination. 

I need to stop posting this crap on Facebook and insta. People are going to think I'm full of myself.  Well I'm full of makeup that's for sure.

Maybe I'll be a makeup artist one day.
Keeping myself occupied to avoid the homesickness is a hard task in the evenings. I can only workout for so long. I know I could always move home, but I don't feel like its time. I always know when its time for a change and I still think I am in Chicago for a reason. If I still have no idea what that reason is then I guess it's not time for me to go home yet. The job perks aren't 
all that easy to give up either...

Hopefully I will return to my obnoxious party girl self once I finally do move home. Or perhaps I am really this boring and lame. I am almost 25 and I peaked way to soon.. 




No comments:

Post a Comment