Thursday, June 6, 2013

Neil Young


From age 13 to about 20, give or take, I would listen to Neil young through the floor boards of my living room on saturday mornings as my brother cleaned his room. Rarely I would get the occasional Metallica remedies instead, but when Neil Young was on, I knew my brother was in some mood, and he felt like the soulful sounds of an acoustic genius.

I have an ear for Acoustic music especially because I play the Guitar. Lately I have made it a goal to learn one new song per week. I have kept that goal for the most part. But now the only problem is that I haven't been writing down what songs I have learned, so I pretty much just listen to my ipod, or the radio, and If I have learned the song I'm like, "Oh yeah! I can play this!". This is not the best method for song memory, so I hope that by blogging about my music finds and loves that I won't forget about them! 

I got into my most recent Neil Young kick after I watched the few hilarious parodies from Late Night with Jimmy Fallon. Oh my heck does he pull of a good Neil Young!

Pretty much ever since this:


Also this Gem:


Nobody can quite top that I don't think. Nobody.


I have made it a goal to learn as many Neil Young songs as I can. I realize that I listen to a lot of folk music, and I need to get some stories down from my childhood and write a Neil Young Parody about it.

Anyway, this is my current favorite song of Neil Young, which I poorly play Here:





Ah Love me some Neil Young.


No comments:

Post a Comment